Police Dispatcher National Certification
This 40-hour national certification course is for the experienced and the inexperienced communications officer who desires a certification in police communications.
The course provides the 9-1-1 Officer with the knowledge and skills to understand the structure and function of the police and the role of 9-1-1 during a police-related call.
Student Performance Objectives
By the end of this block of instruction, the student will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with information received during the instructional period:
- Understand the police service organizational structure
- Understand the basic functions of the police service
- Demonstrate the ability to properly handle police-related calls
- Police Service Organizational Structure
- Police Personnel
- Police Training
- Police Primary Resources
- Basic Functions of the Police
- Crime Types
- The History of Police Communications
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Police Dispatcher
NOTE: The course instructor will prepare for a local onsite visit to a police station prior to the course. During the visit, the
student will have many pieces of equipment. If possible, a shift ride-along should be arranged.