Police Dispatcher Instructor National Certification Course
The purpose of this course is to provide the Police Dispatcher Instructor candidate with the knowledge and skills necessary to certify others with a NECI Basic Police Dispatcher certification curriculum. Once the Instructor Candidate completes this course they are able to train and certify other students as Police Dispatchers. The benefit of having your own in house Police Dispatcher training, beyond the obvious time savings and convenience, is that you can implement a Police Dispatcher training program that meets National Standards, in a manner in which the training supervisor feels is best for the department, while also having the basic NECI Course Curriculum to use as benchmarks and guidelines.
Student Performance Objectives
By the end of this course, the instructor candidate will be able to:
- Understand the principles of adult learning
- Demonstrate the ability to make a presentation from a Lesson Plan Outline Form
- Demonstrate the ability to make a presentation from a PowerPoint presentation
- Understand and be able to demonstrate classroom management techniques
- Understand how to request training materials from NECI
- Understand how to certify others with the NECI Police Dispatcher course
NOTE: The course is not designed to teach the instructor candidate basic call-handling techniques. This is a train-the-trainer course, not a basic certification course. Instructor candidates should be formerly trained or experienced at the basic level of emergency communications before taking this instructor-level course. Instructor
candidates will learn methods of instruction rather than learning the basic of 9-1-1 communications.