CTO National Certification
The CTO National Certification course is a 24-hour course that is for the individual who conducts shift-level agency on-the-job training program for new employees. The CTO candidate should be an experienced and formally trainedemergency communications employee, who desires to train others with a structured on-the-job training program.
The purpose of the course is to teach the CTO candidate how to conduct one-on-one OJT training as required by the agency and according to written performance objectives.
Upon completion of the CTO Certification course the student will be have the following skills:
- Execute the agency performance-based on-the-job training program
- Implement a standardized training schedule
- Follow written performance objectives
- Utilize a performance objective rating system
- Utilize the various OJT forms and reports
- Execute the agency OJT program
- Conduct one-on-one OJT training as required
The CTO Certification does not qualify the individual to conduct academic classroom training which is reserved for the 9-1-1 Basic Instructor.To qualify as a 9-1-1 Basic Instructor requires the attendance at a 9-1-1 Basic Instructor certification course.