The CTO Instructor course is for the individual who coordinates the agency on-the-job training program. The CTO Instructor candidate should be an experienced and formally trained emergency communications employee who desires to train others with a structured on-the-job training program. This course is very beneficial to PSAPs, because once a PSAP has a Certified Training Officer on staff, they will be able to conduct on-the-job training and maximize their training hours and minimize their training costs.
Student Performance Objectives
By the end of this course, the instructor candidate will be able to:
Return to Home Page
- Develop an agency performance-based on-the-job training program
- Develop and publish a standardized training schedule
- Develop written performance objectives
- Develop a performance objective rating system
- Develop and publish the various OJT forms and reports
- Certify experienced agency personnel as a CTO
- Implement the agency OJT program
- Coordinate the agency OJT training program
- Monitor the Agency CTO's performance to ensure compliance
- Conduct one-on-one OJT training as required
The CTO Instructor certification does not qualify the individual to conduct academic classroom training. The CTO certification requires as a prerequisite, the completion of the NECI 9-1-1 Instructor certification course. Conversely, the 9-1-1 Instructor is not authorized to conduct the one-on-one training unless certified as a CTO Instructor or Agency CTO.